The Financial Service Provider Register (FSPR) has registered 7,900 Financial Service Providers (FSPs) since the opening of the Register in August 2010. Any person or entity offering financial services in or from New Zealand must be registered in the FSPR.
FSPs can be used to offer financial services to clients of any nationality and resident anywhere in the world. Please visit www.zealandfinancial.co.nz for information about how an FSP can be used to offer Banking Services worldwide.
New Zealand FSPs engage in services such as (but not limited to):
- a) a financial adviser service:
- (ab) a broking service:
- (b) acting as a deposit taker as defined in the Reserve Bank of New Zealand Act 1989:
- (c) being a registered bank:
- (d) keeping, investing, administering, or managing money, securities, or investment portfolios on behalf of other persons:
- (e) providing credit under a credit contract:
- (f) operating a money or value transfer service:
- (g) issuing and managing means of payment (for example, credit and debit cards, cheques, travellers’ cheques, money orders, bankers’ drafts, and electronic money):
- (h) giving financial guarantees:
- (i) participating in an offer of securities to the public in either of the following capacities (within the meaning of those terms under section 2(1) of the Securities Act 1978):
- (i) as an issuer of the securities:
- (ii) as a promoter:
- (ia) acting in any of the following capacities (within the meaning of those terms under section 2(1) of the Securities Act 1978) in respect of securities offered to the public:
- (i) as a trustee:
- (ii) as a unit trustee:
- (iii) as a superannuation trustee:
- (iv) as a manager:
- (j) changing foreign currency:
- (k) entering into derivative transactions, or trading in money market instruments, foreign exchange, interest rate and index instruments, transferable securities (including shares), and futures contracts on behalf of another person:
- (l) providing forward foreign exchange contracts:
- (m) acting as an insurer:
- (n) providing any other financial service that is prescribed for the purposes of New Zealand complying with the FATF Recommendations, other recommendations by FATF, or other similar international obligations that are consistent with the purpose of this Act.
Visit www.zealandfinancial.co.nz for further details.